For Hourly jobs Upwork has its own time tacker application, which you are supposed to download and install in your system. Whenever you start working on an hourly contract open upwork time tracker, select the job you are working and turn on the time tracker.
Main advantage of this is that your work is secured and you will get payment based on the hours you work. Even the client is secured as they pay only for the work and will not be over-charged. Client will be produced with complete worksheets for review showing the exact screenshot taking during the intervals, so that the client knows that you are doing exactly what asked to do.
Time tracker is designed to work in such a way, that it captures screenshots randomly each 10 minutes of your work. During the process will capture the mouse clicks, keystrokes and also the activity level. This shows the client that you are working and not sleeping during the tracking process. It’s really a good app, as it avoids people gaming the system by taking the exact time randomly within that period. The activity tracker will stop if no mouse movement or keystrokes found for a long period.
You can download Upwork Time Tracker from https://www.upwork.com/ab/downloads/
Points to be noted while working with upwork time tracker:
- Time Tracked for the work is reviewed by the client before .
- Any period is subject to review by the client
- You need to wait for a screenshot before you log off because if you log in and work and then log out before a screenshot occurs that time doesn’t count. For example, if you start working and at 8 minutes a screenshot occurs and then you are still working for another 10 minutes and log off before another screenshot, you will only get paid for the one screenshot (10 minutes).
- The activity tracker just makes sure that there is some activity going on – if enough time passes with no activity (mouse click, keystroke), the tracker will stop tracking your time.
- Your clients are automatically invoiced and billed for your hours according to the weekly billing cycle. Once your earnings are available in your balance you will receive your funds using the payment method and schedule you set up.
- If you log time over the weekly limit it won’t be invoiced to your client, but they can see it in your Work Diary. You can negotiate a bonus payment for that time, if your client agrees.
- Hourly contracts follow the Upwork weekly schedule whether your contract is active or ended. Any time in this week’s Work Diary will post as pending on your Reports > Transaction History next Monday.
- Clients can issue a bonus payment to you manually at any time while the contract is active. As long as there are no problems with the client’s billing method, these manual earnings will become available after the five-day security period. Bonus payments are optional and therefore do not qualify for Hourly Protection.
- To review your earnings and transactions go to your Reports.
- To set up a payment method and schedule, or to withdraw your earnings now, go to Settings> Get Paid.
Recurring Additional Weekly Billing
Some contracts may also include a weekly payment in addition to, or instead of, your billed hours. A weekly payment is an automatic, recurring payment for a specific amount. The client is invoiced this amount each week in addition to the billable hours in your Work Diary.
- It is possible to be paid solely on a flat weekly payment basis if you and your client agree. Your client will probably also set your weekly limit to zero.
- The weekly payment terms are set in the Advanced Options when the client makes you a contract offer. To add, remove, or change the amount of your weekly payment, your client must end your contract and rehire you with different terms.
- If a contract is paused for any period of time in the week, including because of a dispute, the corresponding weekly payment won’t be issued.
- The percentage of the weekly rate paid to you on the first week of a contract depends on the day the contract began:
- Monday – 100%
- Tuesday – 80%
- Wednesday – 60%
- Thursday – 40%
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 20%
- The percentage of the weekly rate paid to you on the final week of a contract depends on the day the contract ends:
- Monday – 20%
- Tuesday – 40%
- Wednesday – 60%
- Thursday – 80%
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 100%
You can connect with your client using Upwork Message tool, which is available at the right bottom of the time tracker. Once you open Upwork time tracker and click on messages, the window will open which will have all messages. Using this tool you can discuss on projects with the client, share files and screenshots. Also the new feature of upwork message tool which allows to have a call with your client.
You even have the option to communicate using smileys.
Audio Tool bring your online meetings to life. Upwork has included Audio calling, which makes you to call the client and discuss about the project.
Upwork Chat or Messaging tool helps you to connect with your client round the clock. Once you have installed the tool in your mobile, you have the option to connect to the client while on go. Makes you prompt in replying and discussing with your client immediately as soon as you see the client is online.